In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Michael Amini, CEO and Founder of Amini Furniture. Amini Furniture is one of the largest furniture companies in the world known for original, high quality and intricately designed home furnishings.
Originally from Iran, Michael Amini has lived all over the world, spending most of his life outside of his home country. With an education and short career in engineering, Michael discovered his passion for fashion and entrepreneurship. When he realized how challenging the fashion design world was to fund, he got a job as a furniture salesperson. It’s then that he realized his true love for designing furniture to help people create sanctuaries in their homes and to exemplify their personalities.
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader you’ll learn about his passion to connect people to culture through furniture, to turn furniture into a passion versus a commodity, and much more …
Podcast Topics Include:
- The challenge of designing furniture for a global marketplace
- Managing employees all over the world
- Attracting talent by becoming “well-known and successful”
- Hiring people for their talent before you actually need them
- Changing the product because you can’t change the people
- Finding inspiration in EVERYTHING to develop new products
- Being well traveled to be successful as a global company
- Leadership Must-Haves: Respect for others, taking risks and moving quickly
More About Michael Amini
Learn More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.