“When you think of the CEO’s job, if you have very talented people around you, hopefully you should make yourself irrelevant 99% of the time because all the day-to-day stuff is being handled by people who are better at their jobs than you are.” – Jonathan Frankel, CEO, Nucleus
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Jonathan Frankel, Founder and CEO of Nucleus – a startup on a mission to fundamentally redefine the home intercom system and help people stay closer to loved ones.
Nucleus is a home intercom device that launched in August 2016 to transform the way families communicate in and away from the home, that. Its lightweight intercom can be mounted or propped anywhere in the home (or between homes) to create instant points of audio and HD video communication between rooms, homes, or mobile-to-home with its smartphone app.
Within one day of its launch, Nucleus sold out completely. And in one month, Nucleus hit sales in 50 states – major traction for mainstream adoption of smart home technology.
Podcast Topics Include:
- How to be the antithesis of the typical tech start up
- Building a company based on the core values of being family friendly, kind, nice, easy going and respectful
- How to find talent: let them find you
- Starting a business from an idea, raising capital and producing a product that sells out on the first day
- Raising capital through traction and connection
- What to do when you’re not a natural connector
- The theory of “lines, not dots” in the VC world
- Managing fast growth = Managing cash flow
- Leadership based on logic and rational thinking
- CEO responsibilities
More About Jonathan Frankel & Nucleus
Prior to Nucleus, Jonathan worked as a developer for JPMorgan Chase, and as a legal and investment intern for two hedge funds. Most recently, Jonathan served as a management consultant for the Boston Consulting Group until 2014. Jonathan is a graduate of Harvard Law School.
Nucleus is also the first touchscreen device to incorporate Alexa Voice – and works just like an Echo with the added feature of instant communication from anywhere in the world.
More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.