In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Frances Prado, CEO of Ageless Beautiful Clever Creations and inventor of Hanging Secrets, the world’s first and only patented bra and lingerie organizer. HANGING SECRETS has identified and filled a previously unmet need for the storage of women’s intimate apparel in a convenient and practical way.
Her grit, determination and work ethic are fueled by her journey as the daughter of Mexican immigrants who began their lives in the United States in 1963 as field workers and her career path with Costco. She worked alongside her parents in the fields picking produce in Bakersfield. At the time, she did not realize the great impact working in dirt with her parents would have on her. Her father always made sure they were the first ones in the fields and the last ones to leave. At Costco, she’s earned multiple positions. She’s most proud of being the first Latina woman to be Assistant General Manager of CWI Packaging.
These experiences have greatly influenced the person she is today and helped provide her with the necessary skills for success as an inventor, entrepreneur and U.S. patent holder. To date, only 7% of U.S. patents are issued to sole female inventors in the United States. And only 0.3% of those are Latinas. Frances is one of them!
Frances is passionate about her business because it has allowed her the satisfaction of contributing to both the U.S. economy and to women’s charitable causes, which, for her, is the true meaning of living the American Dream.
Podcast Topics Include:
- Becoming an inventor, patent holder, CEO and “side launcher” … and as a woman
- Living the “American Dream” as a daughter of immigrants
- Learning work ethic at an early age
- Understanding the need to do market analysis to determine who your customers really are beyond your assumptions
- Being on the Home Shopping Network “American Dream Fast Track”
- Leveraging management experience from Costco
- The Costco Culture: running departments like entrepreneurial businesses
- Understanding that “you’re only as good as your vendors”
- The power of professional development and training
More About Frances Prado & Hanging Secrets
More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.