“Your people deserve great managers.”
– Mark C. Winters
On this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Mark C. Winters, co-author of the Rocket Fuel. Mark’s passion is helping entrepreneurs get unstuck so they can pursue their freedom. Depending on the unique situation, Mark’s talent for introducing just the right combination of perspective and process sparks teams to start moving, move faster, or begin moving in the proper direction – with clarity. As a teacher, coach, and facilitator, Mark spends most of his time directly engaged with entrepreneurial leadership teams as a Certified EOS Implementer—helping them implement EOS in their own companies. He’s delivered over 500 full-day EOS workshops with companies from around the U.S.
Podcast Topics Include:
- A general overview of EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- The visionary and integrator defined
- The phases of the visionary and integrator relationship
- Connecting visionaries with the right integrators
- How a small business can grow following a plateau
- The benefits of EOS and how does is impact a business
- How patience is so important when implementing EOS
- How to determine if you are a visionary or integrator using Mark’s book: Rock Fuel.
- Company culture and who becomes responsible – visionary, integrator or both?
- Productivity vs. creativity, attention residue and intensity formula
- Time blocking to help with attention residue
More About Gina Trimarco
More About Pivot10 Results
More About Mark C. Winters & Rocket Fuel
Mark has been an entrepreneur since the age of 28, after catching the “bug” during B-school at the University of Chicago. At last count, he’s started/bought/sold/shut down 11 different companies. One recent venture, as a Founder and CEO, had a very successful exit – yielding a 100x cash return in less than 3 yrs. All this activity has led to some recognition, including being named a Tech Titan finalist as an emerging company CEO, and listed as “40 Under Forty” by the Business Journal in both Milwaukee and Dallas. Mark was also awarded Rookie of the Year and Chair Excellence distinctions by Vistage International.
Mark’s Favorite Books & Podcasts:
- Daniel Pink’s Drive
- Gino Wickman’s How To Be a Great Boss
- Ray Dalio’s Principles
- Hardcore History Podcast: https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/
- Mixery Podcast: https://mixergy.com/interviews/
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.