“There’s no prize for 2nd place in sales – it’s win or lose, sell or die.”
– Jeffrey Gitomer
On this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed the King of Sales Jeffrey Gitomer and Jennifer Gluckow, speaker, trainer and writer on all things sales.
Buckle up for this ride with Jeffrey and Jennifer – truly one of the funnest podcasts Gina has recorded to date and they did it live in the Sell Or Die Podcast studio in Charlotte.
- The problems of sales mis-information
- Learning presentation skills by singing karaoke in bars
- Why discovering your customers ‘pain’ isn’t a great place to start
- Building rapport in sales conversations
- Modern sales training to reflect the realities of our modern world
- Sales lessons experienced at a Bruce Springsteen concert
- Are you friends with your top customers?
- Politically correct vs conversational – don’t forget to be friendly or human!
- Using positive language and humor to build a relationship and get past the gatekeepers
- Creating trust and the experience to help people buy
- Learn how to be creative on the spot rather than memorize a script
- Let’s all highlight how to succeed rather than how to fail
- The benefits of interviewing as a strategy to gain access to decision makers
More About Gina Trimarco
- Women Your Mother Warned You About – the podcast that makes sales sexy again
More About Pivot10 Results
More About Jeffrey Gitomer & Jennifer Gluckow
Sales In A New York Minute by Jennifer Gluckow
Truthful Living by Jeffrey Gitomer
The Sales Manifesto by Jeffrey Gitomer
Jeffrey is the author of 15 best-selling books. He’s a creative, on-the-edge, writer and speaker whose expertise on sales, customer loyalty, and personal development is world renowned. Known for presentations, seminars, and keynote addresses that are funny, insightful, in your face, real world, off the wall, and on the money. Jeffrey gives his audience information they can take out in the street one minute after the seminar is over and turn it into money.
His podcast Sell or Die, with co-host Jennifer Gluckow, gets over 100,000 downloads a month.
Jeffrey was inducted into the National Speaker Association’s Speaker Hall of Fame.
He is the King of Sales.
Jennifer has northeastern smarts and New York City savvy – a rare combination that has her positioned as the next big thing in sales. Okay, she’s not ALL New York. She’s traveled the world, educated in the Midwest at The Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis, and spoken to audiences from coast to coast. She rapidly rose through the ranks of a leading Fortune 500 company as a superstar Sales Representative, National Sales Manager, and Executive Director of Sales Operations. At 29, Jennifer became Chief Operating Officer of a test preparation and admissions counseling company. In 2013 she found her calling – training and coaching sales teams and business owners on how to increase their sales and make more profit. Jennifer founded Sales in a New York Minute and shares her passion and strategies for success with businesses worldwide and in the classroom. Featuring The Little Red Book of Selling, the best-selling sales book of all time, she has partnered with Jeffrey Gitomer’s selling philosophy and strategies.
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.