“Whenever you do something you love it becomes a renewable source of energy for you. It unlocks creativity, energy, enthusiasm and it’s no wonder I am doing all this crazy stuff right now, because I did something that I loved.”
– Julian Placino
On this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina interviewed, Julian Placino, a recruiting professional with 12 years of experience in agency and corporate staffing. He’s been instrumental in advancing the careers of hundreds of technology, creative, and sales professionals around the country. For seven years, he led talent acquisition for Bottle Rocket, one of the premier mobile development firms in the world.
Julian also is the creator of the Pathways to Success Podcast in iTunes where he conducts in-depth interviews with world-class performers to discover their mindsets, tactics, and behaviors. He has interviewed CEOs, New York Times bestselling authors, TEDx speakers, celebrity athletes, company founders, leading entrepreneurs, and prolific thought leaders.
- Julian’s fascinating story, how he went from recruiter to podcaster to keynote speaker and owner of Pathways to Success Training Company
- The importance of finding the intersection of your inner strengths
- Some advice to an organization that is trying to create a culture of innovation and inspiration
- What inspired Julian to create the Pathways to Success podcast, how his recruiting experience aided him in doing so and what the podcast is all about
- Creating a social footprint and discovering what a personal brand truly is
- How having a podcast, a personal brand and message can leave an impact on your followers
- Using LinkedIn as a medium to produce and publish content and how it helped Julian build credibility as a personal branding consultant
- Social media acts as a great feedback mechanism and the importance of listening to your market
- The benefits of recharging and what Julian does to recharge
- Julian’s view on the future of podcasting from a business perspective and the wrong and right energy
More About Gina Trimarco
- Women Your Mother Warned You About – the podcast that makes sales sexy again
More About Pivot10 Results
More About Julian Placino
Having a passion for helping the staffing industry evolve, Julian founded the Pathways to Success Training Co. which helps staffing companies gain new clients by teaching client empathy, personal branding, and innovative marketing strategies.
Having a unique and engaging presentational style, Julian was signed to the theatrical and broadcast division of one of the most prestigious talent agencies in the country, Kim Dawson. He has done acting, modeling, and voiceover work for AT&T, Ford, NFL, American Heart Association, DCCCD, Edward Jones, Hilti USA, ABM Aviation, Orthofix, and more.
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.