“The key is to know who you are and understand what drives you, what makes you happy and what drives you as a leader.”
– The Our Shawn McBride
On this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina interviewed The Our Shawn McBride is a corporate lawyer licensed in 12 states and Washington, DC and is a CPA licensed in 3 states. He heads The R. Shawn McBride Law Firm, PLLC, a corporate law boutique and McBride For Business, LCC a business strategy firm where he is often called upon to speak or consult on the future of business. He is the author of Business Blunders which showcases common business mistakes to avoid and three other books.
His extensive experience in the sales arena comes from running his multiple businesses and being called upon repeatedly to help sales organizations increase their sales results.
- What consulting on the future of business means and what we should be looking at when creating business plans for the future
- Some changes or trends that business should be anticipating over the coming years, including block-chain
- What smaller businesses should be doing to prepare for block-chain technology
- The importance of looking at the ripple effects of new technology and the disruption it can or will bring
- Common business mistakes that Shawn has seen and some solutions to the mistakes, including some LLC setup blunders
- Should you set up your business as an S-Corp or LLC?
- Partnership Agreements and the 4 D’s (death, disability, divorce or disagreement) Shawn says you should always run through before going into a partnership
- How Shawn does it ALL – his system and processes and how inter-connectivity aids him in his day-to-day business activities
More About Gina Trimarco
- Women Your Mother Warned You About – the podcast that makes sales sexy again
More About Pivot10 Results
More About The Our Shawn McBride
Shawn also is the host of The Future Done Right™ Show on YouTube where he interviews guests from around the world on the dynamics of the future of business and the changes business owners might anticipate.
If you are wondering about the name, after using the name “R. Shawn McBride” to differentiate himself from the other speakers named “Shawn McBride” some of his audience members started calling him “Our Shawn McBride” and given Shawn’s passion for uniqueness in business the name stuck.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rshawnmcbride/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/rshawnmcbridepublic
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/mcbrideforbus
- Website: www.planningdoneright.com
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.